Easily protect, centralize, and automate your file transfers
Today, more than ever, organizations need to be proactive in protecting sensitive data both while in transit and at rest. HelpSystems’ managed file transfer solutions can help you manage your file transfers automatically and securely. Our MFT solutions provide a safe, user-friendly, audited method to automatically transfer information within and outside of your enterprise.
With a robust file transfer solution from HelpSystems in place, you’ll save time and money, improve data security, simplify ad-hoc and server-to-server file transfers, and help your organization meet compliance requirements. Plus, you can easily integrate with the external cloud and web applications you use every day. You can streamline file transfers and related business processes without needing programming or special skills.
HelpSystems’ MFT solutions can be deployed on-premises, in the cloud on platforms like Microsoft Azure and AWS or via MFTaaS, or within hybrid environments. And our secure MFT solutions run easily on platforms like Linux, Windows, AIX, the IBM i, and more.
Key Benefits of Secure Managed File Transfer (MFT)
File transfer automation helps reduce the risk of human error during the routine, repetitive tasks around sending files manually. Eliminating the often high-touch tasks associated with transferring large or batch files through multi-step workflows and built-in scheduling can save time, money, and frustration. Monitored folders, automated email alerts, automated secure forms, and processing for triggered events help streamline transfers, freeing staff up for higher-priority responsibilities.
In today’s changing work environments, the ability to easily collaborate with trading partners, vendors, employees, and others is key to productivity. HelpSystems’ MFT solutions deliver intuitive browser-based collaboration tools that enable secure sync and sharing of ad-hoc file transfers enterprise-wide. Mobile application of MFT allows files to be accessed from anywhere.
What worked for file exchanges when an organization was smaller, single-premise, or only transferring small files, doesn’t necessarily work as the needs expand. Organizations still using manual scripts, who want to securely exchange files via the cloud, or that now have a high volume of large files to exchange need a solution that can easily scale up with them.
MFT solutions from HelpSystems offer high-availability, clustering functionality, load balancing, cloud deployment, enterprise-level file sync and sharing, large file capabilities, automation, and more to growing enterprises.
Simplify organizational tasks associated with data exchanges and EDI, job scheduling, collaboration, secure email, and compliance requirements with a centralized MFT solution. Tasks can be managed from a single platform across multiple devices from anywhere and built-in security controls provide the visibility and transparency needed.
Complying with industry regulations is easier with the built-in auditing and reporting of all file transfer activities. You can easily view specifics and create needed reports as well as statistical details, graphs, and charts.
HelpSystems’ MFT solutions seamlessly utilize strong encryption protocols such as Open PGP, GPG, AES-256, as well as integrated key management tools, including the ability to store all keys in the cloud**. to lock down sensitive files at rest and in motion. Encryption standards protect sensitive data against growing cyberthreats and help organizations meet compliance requirements.
Solutions that integrate with popular web and cloud services deliver more flexibility for automated file transfers and collaboration. HelpSystems’ MFT can be deployed to a variety of platforms and systems, including Amazon S3 buckets and Microsoft Azure Blobs. Or choose MFT as a service (MFTaaS) for more flexible hosting. Cloud integrations can connect your MFT solution with cloud services like SharePoint, Dropbox, and more.
Integrating Clearswift Secure ICAP Gateway with MFT
The Secure ICAP Gateway (SIG) adds significant data security assurances and value to MFT through its threat protection, deep content inspection engine, adaptive data redaction, and flexible policy settings, while MFT makes defining, managing, and securing files at rest and in motion easier.
One common use case:
- MFT securely transfers attachments between employees or trading partners
- The ICAP only intercepts content when threat protection and data loss prevention requirements exist
- ICAP runs rule set (keyword search, executable renaming, script removal, etc.)
- If the content can be sanitized, the transmission is allowed and continues
- If the content cannot be sanitized, the transmission is blocked
Additional features you can add to your file transfer process are structural sanitization, document sanitization, data redaction, anti-steganography, and optical character recognition. Adding the security features within ICAP helps you get the best and most thorough security for file transfers.
MFT + ICAP: A Secure File Transfer Combination
Sharing critical information inside and outside your organization requires an unprecedented level of management control and security. These two solutions seamlessly integrate to deliver threat protection and data loss prevention (DLP) alongside MFT.
This security pairing ensures data reduction and sanitization are automated so that information shared via MFT is only accessed by authorized parties and safe from malicious threats.
By layering two robust data security solutions, organizations can safely share information, which is protected based on content, context and required regulation policy. Malicious or information not deemed safe to share, even hidden metadata, is automatically redacted or sanitized, but the rest of the communication can continue, to keep business rolling without the usual stop-and-block of less sophisticated solutions.
Here’s how the pairing of MFT with ICAP works for one customer.
The Combined Benefits of MFT and SIG
MODERN SOLUTIONS FOR MODERN ENTERPRISES
EASE OF USE
ONE RELIABLE VENDOR
MFT Product Specifications
- Multi-step workflows automate more than 60 tasks
- Built-in schedule to run workflows
- Monitored folders
- Automated email alerts or processing for triggered events
- Commands and APIs to launch transfers from remote systems and applications
- Encrypt, sign, and decrypt files with Open PGP, GPG encryption standards
- Automatically encrypt files at rest in targeted folders using AES-256 encryption or using Microsoft’s Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Compress and decompress files using ZIP with AES standard
- Integrated key management tools for Open PGP key, SSH keys, and SSL/TLS certificates
- Connects to secure FTP servers such as SFTP, FTPS, and SCP*, for protected communications.
- Auto-retry and auto-resume guarantees file delivery
- Remote system file transfers and workflows can be conducted using MFT agents
- Data is exchanged with web servers using HTTP/S
- AS2, AS3*, and AS4* messages are sent with support for multiple file attachments
- SMS messages sent using SMS gateways
- Accesses files and directories on WebDAV servers, Amazon S3 buckets, and Microsoft Azure Blob storage
- Interfaces with antivirus and DLP solutions using ICAP
- Sends/retrieves files via email and secure email
- Connects to Websphere MQ, SonicMQ, and ActiveMQ for enterprise messaging***
- Integrates with popular SOAP and RESTful web service applications like Salesforce, Box, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 using cloud integrations
- SFTP server (with SCP support*) for secure file transfers over SSH
- FTPS server for secure FTP over SSL/TLS (Implicit SSL)
- Standard FTP server with support for Explicit SSL
- Support for Proxy Protocol**
- AS2, AS3*, and AS4* server for receiving EDI* and other documents over secure connections
- HTTPS server for simple Ad Hoc file transfers through a browser interface
- Agents automate file transfers and workflows on remote systems
- DMZ secure gateway keeps files in the private network without opening inbound ports
- Bandwidth throttling limits network usage by day-of-week and time-of-day
- Connects to popular database servers, including SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL*, MariaDB*, IBM i*, DB2*, PostgreSQL*, and Informix*
- Translates data to/from Excel, XML, JSON, Delimited text, and Flat File or Fixed-Width file formats
- Replicates data between database servers
- Simplifies ETL processes with ability to filter records, map columns, and transform values
- Extensive security controls to meet a variety of compliance requirements
- Comprehensive user management system for trading partners, customers, employees, and more
- Ability to segment solution into logical security zones through domains
- Authenticate users against Active Directory, LDAP, IBM i*, and database
- SAML support for single sign-on (SSO)
- Lock users into specific directories with granular permissions
- Define virtual folders with user-friendly aliases and permissions
- Provides ability to define virtual folders in the cloud**
- Disk quotas to limit storage space usage by each user and folder
*Available only in GoAnywhere MFT
** Available only in Globalscape EFT
***Globalscape relies on Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ)
Combine Clearswift and MFT for Ultimate Security in File Transfers
These two solutions work together to improve your cybersecurity stance. Share critical information inside and outside your organization with an unprecedented level of management control and security.