GoAnywhere MFT: Overview
Easily protect, centralize, and automate your file transfers
Today, more than ever, organizations need to be proactive in protecting sensitive data both while in transit and at rest. GoAnywhere is a solution to manage your file transfers automatically and securely. GoAnywhere provides a safe, user-friendly, audited method to automatically transfer information within and outside of your enterprise.
With MFT in place, you’ll save time and money, improve data security, simplify ad-hoc and server-to-server file transfers, and help your organization meet compliance requirements. Plus, you can easily integrate with the external cloud and web apps that you use every day. You can streamline file transfers and related business processes without needing programming or special skills.
The GoAnywhere solution can be deployed on-premises, in the cloud on platforms like Microsoft Azure and AWS or via MFTaaS, or within hybrid environments. And, our secure managed file transfer solution runs easily on platforms like Linux, Windows, AIX, the IBM i, and more.
Key Benefits of Secure Managed File Transfer (MFT)
- Multi-step workflows with over 60 different tasks
- A comprehensive built-in scheduler for running workflows
- Monitored folders with options to scan for new, changed or deleted files
- Automated email alerts or file processing when triggered events (e.g. upload, download) occur
- Commands and APIs for launching transfers from remote systems and applications
- Manage file transfers, simplify your EDI, and perform multiple tasks in one place, including job scheduling, file collaboration, secure email, and compliance auditing and reporting.
- Provide users with a web-based, modern interface to build workflows on the fly, from any device – anywhere.
- Utilize our browser-based interface with security controls to enhance visibility into everything that’s going on.
- Centralize from any device with the GoAnywhere iOS app.
- Intuitive browser-based web client for performing ad-hoc file transfers
- Enterprise file sync and sharing using GoDrive
- Secure Mail module for sending files using email notifications with HTTPS download links
- Secure Forms module for creating custom forms that can be processed with automated workflows
- Access files from anywhere with the mobile application
- Encrypts, signs and decrypts files using Open PGP and GPG encryption standard
- Automatically encrypts files (at rest) in targeted folders using AES-256 encryption
- Compresses and decompresses files using ZIP with AES standard
- Includes integrated Key Management tools for Open PGP keys, SSH keys and SSL/TLS certificates
- Connects to Secure FTP servers (SFTP , FTPS , and SCP ) for protected communications
- Automates file transfers with FTP servers
- Guarantees delivery with connection retries and file auto-resume
- Remote system file transfers and workflows using MFT agents
- Exchanges data with web servers using HTTP/S
- Interacts with Web Services using SOAP and REST
- Sends AS2, AS3 and AS4 messages with support for multiple file attachments
- Accelerates file transfers through GoAnywhere`s proprietary GoFast protocol
- Send SMS messages using popular SMS gateways
- Accesses files and directories on WebDAV servers, Amazon S3 Buckets , and Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Interfaces with Antivirus and DLP solutions using ICAP
- Sends and retrieves files via email and secure email
- Calls custom programs and scripts as part of an overall workflow
- Connects to Websphere MQ, SonicMQ and ActiveMQ for enterprise messaging
- Integrates with popular SOAP and RESTful web service applications like Salesforce, Box, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 using Cloud Connectors
- SFTP server (with SCP support) for secure file transfers over SSH
- FTPS server for secure FTP over SSL/TLS (Implicit SSL)
- Standard FTP server with support for Explicit SSL
- AS2, AS3 and AS4 server for receiving EDI and other documents over secure connections
- HTTPS server for simple Ad Hoc file transfers through a browser interface
- Agents for automating file transfers and workflows on remote systems
- DMZ secure gateway to keep files in the private network without opening inbound ports
- Bandwidth throttling to limit network usage by day-of-week and time-of-day
- Connects to popular database servers including SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, IBM i, DB2, PostgreSQL, and Informix.
- Translates data to/from Excel, XML , JSON , Delimited text and Flat File or Fixed Width file formats
- Replicates data between database servers
- Simplifies ETL processes with the ability to filter records, map columns and transform values
- A browser-based interface for monitoring and administration
- Detailed audit logs for all user activity and file transfers
- The option to send logs to an enterprise SYSLOG server
- Advanced reporting for management and statistical details, graphs and charts
- Extensive security controls to meet compliance requirements including PCI DSS
- Comprehensive user management system for trading partners, customers and employee accounts
- Segment GoAnywhere into logical security zones through Domains
- Authenticate users against Active Directory (AD), LDAP, IBM i and database
- SAML support for single sign-on (SSO)
- Lock users into specific directories with granular permissions
- Define virtual folders with user-friendly aliases and permissions
- Disk quotas to limit storage space usage by each user and folder
- Deployment options to a variety of cloud computing platforms, including Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure.
- Flexible hosting with MFT as a Service (MFTaaS) — no need to choose your own cloud computing platform.
- Automated file transfer and workflows on cloud environments and private networks.
- Out-of-the-box Cloud Connectors that integrate with popular web and cloud services like SharePoint, Salesforce, and Dropbox.
- Connection to internal and external trading partners through folders to cloud-based file systems, including Amazon S3 buckets
The Combined Benefits of MFT and DLP
Add GoAnywhere to Clearswift for ultimate security
GoAnywhere MFT and Clearswift solutions – both part of the data security suite from HelpSystems – work together to improve your cybersecurity stance. Share critical information inside and outside your organization with an unprecedented level of management control and security.