- Categorizing 99.9% of the active web, enabled by a Global
- Feedback Network of hundreds of millions of users worldwide
- More than 55 million sites categorized with 10 million new sites added and 10 million dead sites removed each year
- Coverage representing billions of web pages from around the world
- Over 100 categories using automated categorization technology (machine learning) that has been continually improved for over a decade.
- Additional Data Feeds (Government, illegal content, terrorism, etc.
- Sophisticated deep learning system used for categorizing image heavy, text poor sites
- Experienced team to support override requests, with human support
- Sensitive categories such as Suicide and Hate are manually curated
- Unknown URLs returned from customers automatically processed
- Categorization Experts performing targeted discovery supporting customer requirements
- Daily manual review of Top Unknowns from each customer.
- Regularly maintained –URLs frequently rechecked
- Pages analyzed in over 28 languages including: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Greek, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish,Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
By combining this visibility with our automated analysis and human research efforts, the MCD provides unique, timely and actionable protection from Internet-based threats. These sites are organized into 4 different categories. The database is frequently updated and when integrated into a Web filtering solution to provide an effective protection against ever changing Internet-based malware threats.
- Cisco OpenDNS
- Check Point
- Palo Alto Networks