Maintaining compliance with ease
Your business is subject to various compliance laws. These compliance laws may be local, national or international and will vary depending on your line of business. However, one fact is universal: breaking one of these laws could put you in line for organization-threatening fines and reputational damage.
This example of non-compliance caused:
- Damage to the organization reputation
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in costs arising from claims and settlements for failing to maintain PCI compliance.
PCI Compliance is just one of many regulations. Even the UK government struggles to maintain compliance, with local councils being fined over £300,000 in 2012 for revealing sensitive data to unauthorised third parties. On a global scale Sony lost 77 million gaming customer details from their PlayStation Network resulting in a fine of £250,000 for the European arm alone. No business or public sector organization can afford to neglect compliance guidelines.
Clearswift SECURE Web Gateway and SECURE Email Gateway solutions protect your organization from these risks using extensive managed lists, editable terms and compliance dictionaries. The compliance software functions manage:
- The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS – PCI Compliance)
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
Download our Data Leak Prevention white paper ‘The need for DLP now’ to find out more