As a software vendor and manufacturer, the majority of our products and manufacturing processes do not include physical items or processes. As a result, Clearswift has a very low environmental footprint.
We purchase hardware, such as servers, from vendors like Dell who can demonstrate:
- Adherence to an industry standard environmental policy of their own
- Full WEEE compliance
- Full RoHS compliance.
Our environmental policy also ensures we reduce our environmental impact by:
- Recycling waste paper and CDs
- Using recycled materials and paper wherever possible
- Actively separating and recycling waste products in our offices
- Providing multiple recycling facilities to staff in each area of our offices.
Reduction of power consumption is also a key aim of our environmental policy:
- We actively work with landlords in our worldwide locations to reduce consumption
- We carry out all development in the UK
- We have reduced our number of servers by 15% and power consumption by nearly 20% in the last 2 years
- We are working towards a further 10% reduction over the next 2 years by:
- Increased use of virtualization
- Moving services to the Cloud
- Reducing the number of devices in use
- Replacing older units for newer, more efficient equivalents.
The Clearswift environmental policy is based on the principles of ISO 14001, namely:
- An environmental policy supported by top management
- Environmental goals, objectives and targets that support the policy
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- An environmental management process
- A process for communicating the environmental management process to all interested parties via our website or for enquirers
- A process for auditing progress and taking corrective action.
If you would like to know more about our environmental policy and procedures, please get in touch.